Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Simple Wedding Card

This was such a simple card, but I think it turned out so elegant and beautiful. This card was made using the sketch over at 2S4Y. I loved the sketch and to me it just screamed to be made into a wedding card. I used a white card and layered on a glittery off-white piece of paper that I embossed with the textile embossing folder on my Cuttlebug. I then used a glittery white piece of paper and a scrap of silver paper I found in my stash. I layered them all together and then tied some white ribbon around it and put it all on the white card. I used Sweethearts and my Cri-kit pens to draw out the heart with the people silhouettes, then I cut the heart out using the shadow feature. I'm still figuring out how to get the pens and cuts to line up, but it worked out pretty well. I mostly wanted to get the people, which I did so it all works out. I used some pop dots to lift the heart off the card and it all came together so nicely.

2 comments: