Wednesday, July 07, 2010

With Love


I made this card for a couple of challenges, one is the Cuttlebug Challenge Blogspot and the other is Cardabilities. The Cuttlebug Challenge is to create a craft incorporating lace or doilies, and the Cardabilities challenge was to follow their sketch. So this card is my interpretation of both of those. When I saw the lace/doily challenge I knew I wanted to do a black, white, and silver card and make it look elegant. I used my Martha Stewart punches to create the border of the white paper and then I used my Cuttlebug to emboss it. I cut out the circular doily from Storybook and then flocked it (which doesn't show up in the photo very well). I placed a piece of silver paper on my black card and then layered all my pieces on top. Finally I cut the tag and the "With Love" from Sentimentals, then embossed them, and used foam adhesive to attach it so that it was popped up. I really like how it all turned out. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Paula your card is `stunningly beautiful`
    Thankyou for joining in with the cuttlebug challenges,always a pleasure

    terrie
    http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous!!!! Thanks for playing in our CB challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paula Bee, this is a beauty! I just love the way you embossed the panels in the center of the card! The flocked doily is beautiful. Silver on black has always been a favorite elegant look. This will be a treasured card to the receiver, for sure! Thanks for being part of the Cuttlebug Challenge this week! Hope to see you again soon!
    BettyBee

    ReplyDelete