Saturday, August 07, 2010

Friendship and Birthday Cards

I have been having some problems with my laptop lately. So, yesterday my husband wiped my whole computer and reloaded everything on it. That seems to be working so far. It just meant that I couldn't post anything I made yesterday. I made this cute little friendship card for My Sheri Crafts Challenge, but since I didn't have my computer I missed the deadline. I still want to share it though, because I really like it. I used A Child's Year for the image and some Fiskars stamps for the friendship sentiment and the sentiment on the inside.
Here is a birthday card I made today for a three challenges. I used the recipe from 365 Cards, which was: 5"x5" card, 2 3"x3" patterned papers, sentiment, 2 images, 2 buttons, and 4 blossoms. I made it into a birthday card for a teen for the Cricut Cardz challenge and used the colors from the Picture Perfect Creations challenge, which is to use the colors: melon pink, celery green, olive green and pacific blue. I cut the vase from Walk in my Garden and tied it off with a piece of white ribbon. The flowers are from my stash and I drew in their stems. The dragonfly and butterfly were in my stash of buttons. I then added the stamp, which I got in the dollar bin at Joann's. I think it would work as a card for a teenage girl.

3 comments:

  1. OHHH I totally love that sweet little butterfly!
    Good job with this weeks colour combo.

    Trish - PPC Creator

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card. The flowers and vase are perfect and the dragon fly and butter fly are perfect. Thanks for joining us this week.

    Tamie- GDT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet card! Thanks for joining us at CCC this week!
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete