Saturday, September 11, 2010

Relax, Dream, Create

A few months back I challenged myself to make one project with each of my cartridges. This is the project I made for the Accent Essentials cartridge. I have been working on it for months, but I finally finished it. I had the words all done a while ago, but didn't really know how to finish it off. I figured out what I wanted to do with it and was able to finish it up and I really like how it turned out.
I got the words at Joanns. They are premade wooden words that say, "relax," "dream," "create." I painted the words in white and then I used Accent Essentials to cut out shapes at 3/4" in white paper. I adhered them to the words and trimmed off the parts that hung off the edges. After the pieces were on the words I painted all the words in blue, they are different colors, but similar shades of blue. I then took a white glaze and painted it on, then wiped the glaze off. That way some of it stuck on and most of it was wiped off. It gave it a nice effect. Once everything was dry I then wiped on a glossy sealer.

To finish the whole project off I bought a plaque that fit all three words together. I painted that in white. I used Accent Essentials again to cut a swirl in 11 1/2." I adhered that onto the painted plaque. I painted over it all again in white, I think I put on about three coats total. I used a matte sealer for the plaque. I then used a wood glue to glue on the words. It is actually pretty easy to do, it just takes a lot of time, because you have to wait for everything to dry before doing the next layer or next step. I think it was worth it though. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment