Thursday, December 16, 2010

Penguin Ornament

The challenge over at 365 Cards is to make a card with a detachable ornament on it. To make the card I used sketch #197 from CPS.

The card is really simple, because I really wanted to showcase the penguin ornament. I used black chipboard to cut a 3" penguin from Create a Critter. I cut the layers out of cardstock. I cut two sets of feet and the scarf so that I could adhere some on the back and make it look like the back of the penguin. I punched a small hole near the top and ran some red twine through for hanging.

The card itself is 3 3/4"x9" and made of black cardstock. I layered on a white, cut 1/8" smaller than the black. The red piece is cut at 2 3/4"x8" and I used some white flat-backed pearls in the corners. I cut a small black strip 3 1/2"x1 1/2" and a small white strip 1/8" smaller than the black strip and layered it on the card near the bottom. I stamped the "you're too cool" sentiment on the front and used some removable adhesive to keep the penguin on the card, but then you could also take it off without ripping the back of it. The inside is stamped with the sentiment "have yourself a merry little christmas" and a penguin.

This one is going to my brother, who is a big fan of penguins. I know he will appreciate it. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the penguin! This is absolutely adorable :-) Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww..such a cutie! Think your brother will be very happy when he gets the card..I know I would!

    ReplyDelete