Monday, January 31, 2011

Just Because

Another card with no Cricut, just Cuttlebug. This is a 6 1/4"x4 1/2" card. I used white cardstock for the base. I then cut some pink cardstock 1/4" smaller and ran it through the Cuttlebug, using the Polka Dots embossing folder. I cut a strip of dark brown cardstock at 6"x2 1/2" and used my white gel pen to add some faux stitching around the edge. I cut another piece of dark brown cardstock at 3"x4 1/4" and also embossed it with the Polka Dots folder. I cut a piece of white cardstock at 2 3/4"x4" and layered it on top of the embossed brown cardstock. I printed a digi stamp from Some Odd Girl and colored it with Prismacolor pencils. I then cut her out and adhered her to the white rectangle. I added some glam pink and diamond Stickles to her wand, shoes, bow and wings for some sparkle. I wrapped the card with some pink ribbon. I then used some 2"x2" Cuttlebug flower dies to cut out the pieces for the flower. I curled up the sides and used pop-dots to layer them for a 3-D effect. I added a brown gem to the middle. I stamped the sentiment on the side of the white rectangle, using jumbo java ink by Tsukineko.


I made this card for the following challenges:






10 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!!! Love the flower! :) TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful project. The embossing looks fabulous, and I love the iamge and the coloring. Thanks for playing with us this week at Paper Playtime. Hope to see you again soon :)

    michelle
    http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. And the button card. Very cool. Love that pink flower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable image! Great flower. Thanks for playing along with JUST US GIRLS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it!! She is just so adorable!! The embossing is great! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute -- love the addition of the bling on her shoes

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is super cute! Thanks for joining us this week at CardPatterns!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is sooo cute! Love the embossing and you did a beautiful job coloring her in and the flower is perfect!

    Thanks so much for playing along with Just us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute, cute, cute...love all the PINK!! Thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable. Love the embossing! Thanks for playing along with 365 Cards Challenges!

    ReplyDelete