Friday, January 14, 2011

Just a Note

Here is a 4 1/2"x6 1/4" card that I made with a detachable bookmark. The patterned brown and patterned blue cardstock are from the DCWV Old World Stack. The pink cardstock is from my stash. The large pink rectangle is cut at 3 1/2"x5 1/4," and I inked the edges with malted mauve ink by Tsukineko. The brown rectangle is cut at 3 3/8"x5 1/8." I created the bookmark by cutting an enlongated tag out of the brown cardstock. It is cut at 1 1/2"x6." I used a brown eyelet at the top and ran some brown ribbon through it. The cuts on the bookmark are from French Manor. The keys are cut at 3/4" and the filligree is cut at 1 1/4." I cut a piece of blue patterned cardstock at 1"x4 1/4" and adhered it to the card at only the sides so that I could slip the bookmark through. The three hearts are buttons I found in my stash. I used a stamp in my stash for the sentiment. It is stamped in french blue ink by ColorBox. I then trimmed the cardstock to fit and pop-dotted it to the card. The key is a charm that I had in my stash.




I made this card for the following challenges:

11 comments:

  1. Nice job looking outside the box on a different way to use a tag. Thanks for playing at Paper
    Cutz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my this is just great paula, i adore the colors youve used together.thanks for sharing this with us at papercutz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an elegant card/bookmark ! Thanks for playing !

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow this looks great. Love this. The color combo looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow such a lovely card/bookmark. So elegantly done. Thanks for joining in our K for Keys challenge at Alphabet challenges. Hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a really neat bookmark/card! Thanks for playing along in the Color Throwdown with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty card/bookmark! Lovely colours. Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great way to use your tag....love your card. Thanks for joining us at Paper Cutz.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card with the bookmark! The key is a lovely embellishment! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete