Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Love You


I made this card using sketch #201 from CPS. I used the color combo from Cricut Cardz; which is black, white and red. I also made this for the challenge at Paper Playtime. Their challenge is to use the word "love" on your project.
The card is 5 1/2"x4 1/4." I made it out of white cardstock and then cut some black cardstock 1/4" smaller. I mounted that on the card and then used my white gel pen for some faux stitching around the card. I cut a white strip at 5"x1 1/2" and then used a Martha Stewart border punch on the bottome. I cut a strip of red cardstock at 4 3/4"x3/4" and ran it through the Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots embossing folder. I then mounted that to the card. I used Lacy Labels to cut the label out at 3 1/4." I used the shadow feature for the white layer. The red hearts were then glittered. "Love You" is from Lyrical Letters, using the connected feature. I then glittered the heart for it as well. I adhered the sentiment to the label and then used foam adhesive to mount it to the card. Enjoy!!

8 comments:

  1. This card is beautiful! You did an amazing job! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely done!!! Love your take on this challenge.

    Thanks for playing along @ CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, love everything about it, the glittered hearts the embossing, great job on the challenge!! Thanks so much for joining with us at CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning Paula! Love the color combo and all your pretty details. Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime!
    Glenda
    http://glendascards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous card! I think it's "love"ly. You did a great job with the color challenge. Thanks for playing with us this week at Paper Playtime and Cricut Cardz challenge:)

    michelle
    http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is simply stunning! The color combination, the punched strip and the embsossing are just perfect. Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Playtime!

    ReplyDelete