Thursday, January 13, 2011

Stitched Smile

I made this card for a few challenges. I used sketch #200 from CPS for the layout of the card. The color combo came from For Fun Challenges. Their color challenge was purple, olive and black. Today 365 Cards challenged us to use two types of stitching on your card. I used faux stitching with a white gel pen and real stitching for the word.

The card is 4 1/2"x6 1/4." I used a dark purple cardstock for the card base and a purple dotted paper for the next layer, it is 1/4" smaller than the card base. I cut another piece of the dark purple cardstock at 1 1/2"x5 3/4." I then used my white gel pen to create faux stitching around the edge of it. The green piece of cardstock is 2 3/4"x3 3/4" and embossed with the Polka Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder. I used a paper piercer to create the word smile, and then I used black floss to stitch the word. I used a black pearl for the dot on the "i." I used Accent Essentials to create the black scalloped border, it is cut at 1/2." I then added some purple bling to the middle of the scallops. Sweet and simple.

8 comments:

  1. Wow Paula... I really love this! Not only is the layout super, but the stitching is sublime! Thanks so much for sharing with us at For Fun... I hope you'll be with us again soon!
    hugs from Australia,
    Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great card with all your stitching on it. Love the fact that there is no DP. Looks really fabby.
    Thanks for playing with us over at For Fun this week.
    Love n hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card & stiching is fab.

    Thanks for joining us @ For Fun Challenges x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love that stitching. I so have to try that!
    Thanks for joining us at For fun Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card!
    Good luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who could resist a 'Smile' when they opened this card! Love the simplicity of this card, it works really well.

    Thanks so much for joining us at 'For Fun' challenges this week, hope to see you again soon.

    Hugs, Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this!!! THis is just too cool. I may have to copy this. Thanks for sharing with us at FOr Fun!! hope to see you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you stitched the sentiment! Great card :-) Thanks for playing with us at 365 Cards!

    ReplyDelete