Saturday, January 08, 2011

Three Cards

If you are looking for the Hello Kitty Blog Hop, scroll down to the next post, or click here for the actual post!

I have three cards for you today. The first is a Mother's Day card, the second a wedding card, and finally a thank you card.
The Mother's Day card is for Friday's 365 Cards challenge. Their challenge was to use teabag folds on your card. I did the dahlia fold and made a large flower. I found instructions here, if you would like to try your own.
The card is 6"x6." I made it out of pink cardstock and layered it with a green cardstock, cut at 5 7/8"x5 7/8." I adhered down the eight pieces of the flower and added a flat-backed pearl to the center and pink gems to four of the petals. I then finished it off with some doodling in the corners. It is nice and simple, but looks quite complicated.
I made this wedding card for my cousin, he is getting married in July. I used the sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches. I also used the challenge that Emma put forth for "Throwback Thursday" at My Creative Time, which was to use an older cartridge and include hearts. I love when I can use challenges to make a card that I needed to make in the first place.
The card is 4 1/2"x6 1/4," and made it out of white cardstock. I layered on black cardstock, cut at 4 1/4"x6" and embossed with the polka dots Cuttlebug folder. The hearts in the circles are from Designer's Calendar, cut at 2." I used silver paper for the hearts and backed them with some dark red. The square in the middle is cut at 2 3/4" in white, the black square is 2 5/8" and the red square is 2 1/2." The "Mr. & Mrs." sentiment is cut at 2 1/4" from Sweethearts. I used a corner rounder on two of the opposite corners on each layer of the card and square. I then used foam adheseive to adhere the square to the card. I finished off this card with some gems for a little bling.
The final card I have today is my Thank You card. I made this card for the Cuttlebug Spot's challenge, which was to be inspired by a book. I chose the children's book, "Ugly Pie." My mother works for a library and does the storytime for children once a week. She read this book recently and even made the pie. She has been talking about it, so I read the book and when this challenge came up it was a no-brainer. :) I also made this for For Fun Challenge, which was a recipe (very appropriate, now that I think about it): 1 image, 2 buttons or brads, 3 papers. I also made this for the Paper Cutz challenge, which is to use metal on your project.

The card is 5 1/2"x4 1/4." I used some glittery patterned cardstock from the Nana's Kitchen Stack, by DCWV. I wrapped some brown ribbon around the bottom part of the card. The sentiment was stamped on a white cardstock square, which is 2." I then ran it through the swiss dots Cuttlebug folder. I layered that on a square of green dotted cardstock, cut at 2 1/4." I added a little heart button to the sentiment and used foam adhesive to attach it to the card. The pie/rolling pin image is from Country Life, cut at 2 1/2." I used some shimmery white paper and cut the shadow of the image. I then cut all the layers. The tin for the pie is cut from craft metal. Once I had it adhered to the image I used an embossing stylus to create the lines in it and make it look more realistic. I embossed the rolling pin with distress stripes and the pie crust with d'vine swirls. Once they were embossed I then chalked them for some dimension.

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Paula. Your flower is perfect! I love making the dahlia fold flowers, too.
    Clever pie tin! Love all the details in each card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are just stunning x

    Thanks for joining us @ For Fun Challenges xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards. The first one is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such unusual cards, thanks so much for sharing them with us at 'For Fun' this week. Do hope to see you again soon.

    Hugs, Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty cards, especially the first one ! Thanks for playing with 365 cards !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous range of cards, all so different. Thanks for sharing with us at For Fun x Meera x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very lovely card!!!Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun. I especially love the Mr and Mrs card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi... fabulous creation! And how appropriate for a recipe challenge! I love your colours, the textures and embossing are fabulous and so realistic! And I can't resist pie. Ever. Thank you for sharing with us at For Fun this week!
    hugs from Australia,
    Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  10. All of your cards are just wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  11. you did a fabulous job on your cards, the first card is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute card. As Pauline stated, it's so appropriate for a recipe challenge. I love the metal pie pan. Thanks for playing along.

    ~Christel
    For Fun Challenges DT
    onescrappinsista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for sharing the directions on the dahlia card. I just love it and it looks like fun to create.
    Thank you!
    XO ~ Amy Jo (new follower)
    amyjrockstar at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Paula,

    What a treat: 3 different cards!!! :) And they are all beautiful! I love the details (the buttons, the embossing folders, the inking...)!

    Thank you so much for sharing,

    Jennifer
    partridgelu at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really cute! Love hearing about the book inspiration. Thanks for joining us at TCS this week. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that you took the "recipe" quite literally. Thanks for participating in this week's For Fun Challenges!

    ReplyDelete