Monday, March 28, 2011

King of My Heart

Here is a 5"x5" card I made this evening. I used a red cardstock for the card base. I cut a piece of blue cardstock at 4 1/2" square and brown cardstock at 4 1/4" square. I then embossed the brown square in my Cuttlebug, using the Tartan embossing folder. My cute little lion is a digi stamp from Cooking With Cricut. I colored him in with my Prismacolor colored pencils and then cut him out. I used pop-dots to adhere him to the card for some dimension. I added some glossy accents to his nose and yellow Stickles to his crown. For the inside of the card I cut a piece of the blue cardstock at 4 3/8" square and some cream cardstock at 4" square. I then stamped my sentiment, which is from Inkadinkado, with coffee bean ink by Tsukineko. I then heat embossed it using clearn embossing powder. I think this will be the perfect anniversary card for my husband! I made this card for the following challenges:

14 comments:

  1. Great card, Paula. Thanks for joining us over at Cards for Men and good luck with the challenge.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card! It's such a cute image. Thanks for playing along with the Crafty Hos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card! Such a cute face!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable!! I just love his glittery crown! I went to Kenya in December, and went on a small safari at the end of my trip. We saw many lions (well, many lionesses and a few lions)...and they are even more majestic seeing them in real life. Great job! Thanks for joining us at the CPS Sketch Blog this week!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lion is so adorable, you did a great job with it. Thanks for playing along with us at Cooking with Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you used the digi stamp from Papercraftingworld.com!! This is such a cute card:) You colored it so nicely. TFS and thanks for joining us at the Cooking With Cricut challenge:)
    ~Madison CWCDT funkycards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job with Melin's digi stamp! Cute card, Paula! Thanks for joining us this week at Cooking With Cricut.

    ~ Jen, CWC Design Team
    www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute card! Thanks for playing with us at PPC this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is simply adorable. I think you put the Crafty Ho DT to shame!
    Thanks so much for joiing the Crafty ho's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Paula! This is just adorable!!! Love that lion with the rose in it's mouth!! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the simplicity of this one... and I love that lion!

    -- dalis
    CWC DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such an adorable image and I love the embossing folder you have used, not seen this one before.
    Thanks for playing along with our embossing challenge at CFM.
    Hugs, Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great anniversary card! I love the embossing in the background. Way to go on our color combo this week! Great to see you back at PPC. Have an amazing day and thanks for playing with us.

    ReplyDelete