Thursday, November 24, 2011

Mice Birthday

This card is 4"x9." All the cardstock, except the white and the ivory, are from the Cafe Mediterranean Stacks by DCWV. I have had these two stacks for two or three years now and had never used them, so I thought it was about time. I used some patterned cardstock for the card base, then rounded the corners with a Fiskars punch. I cut some ivory cardstock at 3 3/4"x3 3/4" and rounded its corners as well. I then cut some glittery blue cardstock 1/8" smaller and rounded its corners. The presents are cut from Jolly Holidays at 3 1/2." Who knew the first project I would make using Jolly Holidays wouldn't even be a Christmas one?! The mouse is from Meow and cut at 2 1/4." I flocked the white part of him and used a black gem for his eye. I used foam adhesive to adhere him to the card for some dimension. I wrapped the other side of the card with two pieces of ivory ribbon. My sentiment is actually created from two different stamps. The "have a mice" is from a stamp by My Pink Stamper and "birthday" comes from a Scrappy Moms Stamp. You can see the two individual stamps and how they are supposed to look at the bottom right. I matted the sentiment with some glittery blue and green cardstocks and adhered it over the ribbon.

I made this card for the following challenges:







10 comments:

  1. That's a precious card, I love your color scheme. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is simply adorable. Great colors! I love how you used to different stamp sets to make your sentiment. Thanks for playing at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card! Nice job on using the 2 different stamps, I would have never known.--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is adorable! Love the dimension to it! Thanks for playing with us at Birthday Sundaes!!
    Laurie
    scrapsbysissy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a Great Card, so Cute and love the sparkly papers, I really need to get me some flock, love the look! So glad you joined us over at BBTB2 for the mice challenge!
    ((Hugs)) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahhh sooo cute, love the mice and sentiment!!!! adorable

    ReplyDelete
  7. Que ratoncito tan bonito!! un gran trabajo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Precious Paula! I just love your take on the challenge. The colors are great and the sentiment, too cute! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh this is too cute!! love that paper and now i will have to get my meow cart back from my best bud as that is one cute mouse!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute! Great job combining the stamps!!

    ReplyDelete