Thursday, December 29, 2011

Coffee

This masculine card is 5"x7." I used brown cardstock for the card base. The script patterned background paper is from the Tattered Time Stack by DCWV. It is cut at 4"x7." The coffee cup is cut from Designer's Calendar at 3." I adhered it to a 3 1/2"x4 1/2" piece of light brown cardstock that I embossed with the Script Texture folder and my Cuttlebug. I matted the light brown cardstock with some dark brown cardstock which is cut 1/8" larger. I stamped my sentiment, using jumbo java ink by Tsukineko, on some light brown cardstock. I then heat embossed it with some shimmery clear embossing powder. The stamp is one I got in the dollar bin at Michael's. I matted the sentiment with some dark brown cardstock and then some pink cardstock, both 1/8" larger than the previous layer. I finished off the card with three pale pink pearls.








I made this card for the following challenges:

13 comments:

  1. Wow! I really like this for a masculine card. Fantastic job following the sketch. Glad to have you join us again at The Perfect Sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. Love the way you went with it...it could fit so many themes....masculine or just thanks friend or acquaintance.

    Be blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your masculine card thanks for joining us at the perfect sentiment have a great new year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice! I have such a hard time with masculine cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, Paula this is just awesome! great job on the sketch - thanks for playing with Perfect Sentiments this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paula I just love how you squeezed pink into a masculine card. "Thanks" for joining us at the Perfect Sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Paula...love that you created a masculine card...this is a great card...thanks for joining us at the Perfect Sentiment : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Paula ! The pink works PERFECTLY right where you placed it. Very unique card, and beautifully done !! Thanks for joining us at Papercraft Star this week - Happy New Year from everyone at PCS !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great masculine card (which I always tend to struggle with!). You did an awesome job with the sketch. Thanks for joining us at The Perfect Sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The script print and the embossing look wonderful together Paula, and that artsy cup cut is the perfect focal point. :-) Thanks so much for playing along this week at Papercraft Star!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Paula I love your card! I will have to find that embossing folder! I'm glad to see you playing along with us at Papercraft Star!
    May you have a Happy New Year!
    Kindest regards,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is great for a masculine card something I struggle with but you made it look so easy. Thanks for joining us at Perfect Sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Paula, I hope it's okay with you. I am featuring a couple of your cards on Fantabulous Cricut blog Friday.

    Peggy T.
    http://dailygracecreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete