Thursday, January 05, 2012

Dragonfly Note Cards

I got a third project in for the day! This is unheard of, but I am trying to make the most of my last week of freedom before I go back to school. This is going to be a tough semester. It may only be two classes, but they are pretty intense ones. I will be taking Anatomy & Physiology and my EMT-B class. In addition to school I work full time and go to the gym three days a week. I'm not sure how often I will be able to get in crafting. I hope to be able to do something at least once a week, but only time will tell.

This little project I did today is a set of three notecards. The notecards are 3 1/2"x3 1/2." I used white cardstock for the base. I then cut some shimmery dark green cardstock at 3 1/4"x3 1/4." Finally, I cut some green striped paper at 3"x3." I used Pagoda to cut the dragonflies. They are cut at 4." This makes them about 2 1/2 to 2 3/4" each. I put one on each card. The main part of the dragonfly is the same shimmery dark green cardstock I used for the mat. I then cut a lighter green cardstock for the wings and added some firefly Stickles to give it some shimmer.


I made this card for 365 Cards' "Day 309" Pretty Pairs challenge. The pretty pairs for this day is green and stripes.


5 comments:

  1. Very pretty Paula! Good luck with your classes!--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooohhhh....anatomy and physiology...they were separate classes when I took them for nursing...and they were tough, but I loved them....especially physiology. You'll be great...just study A LOT. ;) Really cute little note cards you made....love the striped paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute notecards! Good luck in school!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful. I saw on another blog on here, someone who had made a set of notecards like this and then made a box to give them as a gift - lovely idea. M x

    ReplyDelete