Monday, March 26, 2012

Exploring Cricut Spring Fling Challenge

I am so honored to have been asked to be a guest designer at the blog, Exploring Cricut! I will be joining them today for their "Spring Fling" challenge. The challenge is to create anything for spring, pretty easy huh? I hope you all enjoy my spring project.
I decided to try my hand a topiary. I was originally going to use just one styrofoam ball to create it, but I have soooo many of those things that I decided to use two. I have no idea why I have so many! I used Flower Shoppe to create my flowers, they are all cut at 1 1/2." I layered two of them together, then curled up their petals and adhered them to the styrofaom balls. I then used some pearlized pink ball head pins to give them some extra security and to be the flower centers. I used a terra cotta pot that I had on hand, I just painted it with some ivory paint since the terra cotta color just didn't work with my pastel color scheme. I put some styrofoam in the pot and covered it with some of that shredded paper basket filler. I used lollipop sticks that I also painted with the same ivory color to attach my styrofoam balls to the pot. I then finshed it off by wrapping the pot with a sheer ribbon and adding a bow made with the same ribbon.
I really like how this project turned out and I hope you do too! I also hope you join us for the challenge!

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous job and thanks so much for being our Guest Designer at Exploring Cricut!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!! This is fantastic!!! I so love it!! Thank you so very much for being out Guest Designer at Exploring Cricut!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing! Love it! I need to try one of these. Thanks for guest desiging with us at Exploring Cricut. I need to go check out your blog. Jealous you were a Doodle Dragon winner! ;) Love Dustin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! I love the soft pastel colors you chose. Thanks for being a Guest Designer at Exploring Cricut.

    Annette
    mymindsdustbunnies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete