Thursday, May 03, 2012

Thinking of You Cards

I was flipping through a book of cardmaking that I have and was inspired by a couple of the cards. I made my own versions based on those cards and I thought I would share them today.
This was my first inspiration card. I really loved the buttons and wanted to make my own version. I did not like the pink though, so I went another way with it. Here is my take on the card:
My card is 4 1/4"x5 1/2" and made of ivory cardstock. The patterned cardstock is 4"x5 1/4" and I wrapped it with three layers of sheer ribbon. Each piece of ribbon is only adhered at the top so that the bottom of each layer is loose, which gives it a soft look. I stamped the sentiment and heat embossed it with a dark red embossing powder. I then added my buttons with glue dots.
This is my second inspiration card. I loved the look of the offset flower. Most cards put the image directly in the middle, but I thought this look was quite effective and I wanted to replicate that. However, I made my card using much brighter colors. This is my take on the card:
This card is also 4 1/4"x5 1/2." I used a dark pink cardstock for the card base. I used a double mat on this one, each layer 1/8" smaller than the previous. The first mat is a dark shimmery green and the next is the striped paper, which is actually a diagonal stripe that I cut to use vertically. My flower is from Serenade, cut at 4," and the stem is from Walk in My Garden, cut at 4 1/2." I placed the flower to the side and trimmed off the edge, then added a button, tied with some white twine, to the middle of the flower. I finished off the card with my sentiment, stamped in a dark green ink.

2 comments:

  1. I think your cards are great. I like to look thru the card magazines just to see what others are making. So many talented people!

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cards. I love the buttons. I make my own buttons now so i may give a button card a try !!! :)

    ReplyDelete