Thursday, July 05, 2012

Christmas in July

All right, you are now going to see some Christmas in July! I just got the Quilted Christmas cartridge and really wanted to play with that one, so for my next featured cartridge I am using that one, which means Christmas in July. Here is my first card using A Quilted Christmas:
The card is 5 1/2"x4 1/4." I used a glittery red card base, it was a premade card by DCWV. I cut some white cardstock 1/8" smaller, then the green snowflake patterned cardstock 1/8" smaller than the white. The reindeer is cut at 3 3/4" using the silhouette feature. This cartridge has some intricate cuts and it tells you the ideal size to cut. This one tells you to cut it at 5," but you can see that 3 3/4" is just fine. Just remember to have a good blade in your machine and slow the speed down. I used a stamp by Scrappy Moms for my sentiment and then trimmed the paper into a banner. I matted the banner with some glittery green cardstock and shimmery red cardstock, then ran some diamond Stickles around the the white portion of the banner. I used pop-dots to adhere the reindeer, then added diamond Stickles to the white cut-out portions and covered it with glossy accents. It doesn't show up too well in the pictures, but the glossy accents on the shimmery red cardstock I used looks really cool! I finished off the card with some red gems in opposite corners. Not a bad one to get my Christmas card stash started!

2 comments:

  1. This is wonderful Paula - love the papers. I so need to get this cart but it hasn't arrived at the Michaels here in Canada yet. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I am really thinking about getting this cartridge, it looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete