Saturday, August 11, 2012

Paddle Log

Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog is having a challenge to create a project with a water theme and I knew exactly what I wanted to do for this one. I have been meaning to make a book to log the lakes and rivers that my husband and I kayak on and to write notes about what we think about the location. I bought a Smash book a while ago, but haven't done anything with it until this push. It was exactly what I needed in order to create my "Paddle Log."
I covered the Smash book with a pearlized blue cardstock. I then cut seven waves from different shades of blue cardstock. I used Life is a Beach for the waves, they are cut at 2 1/2." I adhered them on the book, overlapping them slightly. The canoing duck is from Campin' Critters, cut at 3 1/2." I added some brown gems for his eyes and glossy accents on his bill and paddle. I added some glitter to the bottom edge of the boat and a little on the bottom of the paddle to look a little like frothy waves. My husband and I actually kayak, but there are no kayaking images and I think the canoing duck is really cute, so it works for me. I adhered him to the book with foam tape. The title is cut from Don Juan at 1 1/4" from the same pearlized blue cardstock that I used to cover the book. Now I just need to start putting my lake and river info in the book. ;)

5 comments:

  1. Awesome book! I am sure you will love tracking the waters you check out in this fabulous log book :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad we gave you a push to make this Paddle Log. What a great finished book to write about your kayaking adventures. Thanks for sharing it with us and playing along at FCCB this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cover of your kayak book.So cute! Thanks for sharing with us at FCCB.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I'd love to get the Campin' Critters cartridge!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! Thanks so much for joining us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete