Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Perfect Sentiments: "All Creatures Great & Small"

This is my first post as a member of the Perfect Sentiments Design Team!
The challenge this week is "All Creatures Great & Small." The challenge: create a card with a sentiment for the season or occasion of your choice. The twist: incorporate a critter somewhere on your card.
My card is 4"x9." I used black cardstock for the base. I trimmed two pieces of polka dotted cardstock at 2"x8 7/8." Both pieces of the polka dotted cardstock are from the Midnight Spell Stack by DCWV. I wrapped some plaid ribbon around the middle of the card to cover up the seam created by the two pieces of polka dotted cardstock. I found a white circle that was 3 1/2" around in my stash and cut a piece of orange glitter cardstock 1/4." I embossed the white circle with a Tim Holtz folder called Bubble Wrap and lightly inked it with midnight black in by Tsukineko. I used Happy Hauntings to cut the cat at 3 1/2." I covered it in black flock and used limeade glitter on his bat tie, I also gave him orange gems for eyes. I adhered it to the card using pop-dots. I finished off the card with my sentiment. It is a stamp I found in my stash, so I don't know the manufacturer.
I hope you enjoyed my creation and I hope you decide to play along with our challenge at Perfect Sentiments!

8 comments:

  1. This looks great with that spooky cat image! I really like the plaid and polka dots combination too! Fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your kitty cat great halloween card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like this type of Halloween card, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like the Halloween Cat card. Wonderful papers & sparkle used.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine Honeybee"
    Perfect Sentiment Sept Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute cat, and an awesome Halloween card. Great to have you on board out team.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't seen that cat before. I really like it. The added glitter papers really make the card pop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! Love the lo and papers you used to go with that great kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card. Love the black cat and the gorgeous glitter paper you used.

    ReplyDelete