Thursday, October 18, 2012

Thanksgiving Turkey

I made this card 5 1/2"x4 1/4" with the fold at the top.  I used brown cardstock for the card base.  The patterned paper is 5 1/4"x4" and is from the Fall & Halloween Stack by DCWV.  The turkey is a stamp from Peachy Keen that I paper pieced together.  I used pop-dots to adhere the body of the turkey to the rest and also to adhere the turkey to the card.  I added glossy accents to the liquid coming from the baster, also along the length of the baster, to his eyes and his legs.  I used a Fiskars scallop border punch for the three pieces at the bottom of the card.  I then used a Fiskars stamp for the sentiment and stamped it in coffee bean ink by Tsukineko and added a couple of green gems.

For the inside of the card I cut some green cardstock at 5 1/4"x4" and then the other three pieces 1/8" smaller than the previous layer.  I used stamps from Peachy Keen for my inside sentiment.  I stamped them in coffee bean ink by Tsukineko.
I made this card for the following challenges:

14 comments:

  1. Cute, nice job with the non-traditional colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is just too cute!! Esp. the sentiment inside the card! Great job!! Thanks so much for joining us this week on Tuesday Alchemy!!

    Good Luck!
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute - I love the sentiment! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! :)

    - Mel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply adorable! Love the cute turkey and that sentiment inside! Thanks for joining us over at tuesday Alchemy this week! Good Luck! hugs and sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness I absolutely love love love your card. The turkey is adorable and I love how you used the colors. Absolutely precious and thanks so much for joining us at Tuesday Alchemy. Please join us again next week.

    Hugs and smiles

    Laine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness I absolutely love love love your card. The turkey is adorable and I love how you used the colors. Absolutely precious and thanks so much for joining us at Tuesday Alchemy. Please join us again next week.

    Hugs and smiles

    Laine

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is such a fun card! really gave me a giggle when I saw it. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Tuesday Alchemy this week!
    *hug*
    shell x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that you used these bright colors on the turkey, and what a cute sentment. Many thanks for joining us at 365 Cards Super Sketchy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol girl this is too FUN!!!! so glas you joined us on 365 cards

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun and bright card for thanksgiving :)
    Thanks for joining us over at 365cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. By far the cutest turkey I've seen! Great card and thanks for joining 365 Super Sketchy Sunday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is the cutest turkey, Paula! Love the non-traditional colors! Thanks for joining in the fun at Scrappy Moms Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my gosh that turkey is the DANG cutest!!!!! sooo love this and the sentiment!!! Thanks sooo much for playing along with 365 Cards!!!!!

    ReplyDelete