Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Perfect Sentiments: "Let It Snow"

Time for another challenge with The Perfect Sentiment!  Here is our challenge for you today:
 
The challenge: use a sentiment for the occasion of your choice
The twist: incorporate some form of snow on your card
 
Here is the card I made for this challenge:
The card is 5 1/2"x4 1/4."  I used white cardstock for the base.  I then cut some glittery black cardstock at 5 1/4"x4" and some more white cardstock at 5 1/8"x3 7/8."  I rounded the corners on all layers.  I embossed the white layer with the Large Snowflakes embossing folder, making sure to leave the bottom portion un-embossed for my sentiment.  I used a stamp from My Craft Spot, from the "Tis the Season" set, for the sentiment.  I wrapped the white layer with some white ribbon, just above the sentiment and adhered the whtie layer with foam tape for more dimension.  I used Winter Lace for the snowflake, which is cut at 3 1/2."  I adhered it to the card with foam tape and added a glittery white sticker to the middle.
 
Here is the inside, with another sentiment from My Craft Spot, this one from the "Merry Christmas" set:
 
Now it is your turn to make something for the challenge.  Come on over to The Perfect Sentiment, see what my DT sisters have created and then link up your creation.  I can't wait to see what you create!

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous...love the image and the embossing! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wintery and festive! The snowflake is so bold on your layout along with your sentiment!! Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such striking colors with the white on the dark blue background. Fabulous snowflake and the perfect sentiment!

    ReplyDelete