Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Perfect Sentiments: "Blue, Silver, & White"

Time for another challenge, brought to you by The Perfect Sentiment!  Our challenge this week:
 
"Blue, Silver, & White"
 
The challenge: create a card with a sentiment for the occasion of your choice
The twist: incorporate the colors blue, silver, & white into your card design
 
Here is the card I made:
This is the perfect challenge for me to make an anniversary card for my husband, even though our anniversary isn't until November.  Our wedding colors were blue, silver, and white!  I used white cardstock for my card base, it is 5 1/2"x4 1/4."  I cut a piece of silver cardstock at 5 3/8"x4 1/8" so that it would show through.  I used Cricut Craft Room Basics to create the rectangles and hearts.  The blue layer is cut at 5 1/4"x4" and the white layer is cut at 5"x3 3/4."  The heart cut from the blue layer is 1 3/4" and the one cut from the white layer is 2."  I used a stamp from Scrappy Moms for my sentiment.  I then embossed the white layer with one of the folders from James' Set.  I adhered the white and blue layers together and adhered them to the card base with foam tape.  It is super simple, but I really love how it turned out and I think my husband will love it as well.
 
Now head on over to The Perfect Sentiment and check out what the rest of the DT has created to inspire you.  Then, create your own card for the challenge and link it up.  I can't wait to see what you create!

4 comments: