Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Perfect Sentiments: "CAS Get Well"

It is Wednesday and you know what that means!  Time for another challenge at The Perfect Sentiment!
 
"CAS Get Well"
The challenge: create a card with a sentiment of get well
The twist: make your design clean and simple
 
Our sponsor this week is Stitchy Bear and the winner will receive a $10 voucher to their shop.
 
I created a 5 1/2"x4 1/4" card for this challenge.  The card was made with white cardstock for the card base and it folds at the top.  I cut some black cardstock at 4 1/2"x4."  I then cut some shimmery sage green cardstock at 4 1/4"x3 3/4."  I embossed this piece with a Cuttlebug folder called Koi.
I wrapped the bottom white part with some seaweed twine three time.  I bunched it in the middle with a glue dot.  The sentiment is from Scrappy Moms Stamps and I matted it with the shimmery sage green and black cardstock.  I used foam tape to adhere it to the card, over where I bunched the twine.
For the inside I cut some black cardstock at 5 1/4"x4" and some shimmery sage green cardstock at 4 7/8"x3 5/8."  I cut more black cardstock at 4 1/4"x3 1/2" and some white cardstock at 4"x3 1/4." 
 
Now that you have seen what I created for this challenge, head on over to The Perfect Sentiment and see what the design team has created.  Then link up your clean and simple card.  I can't wait to see what you create!
 


5 comments:

  1. Paula, I have that embossing folder and have never used it. What a great idea to use it with a CAS card. I love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it hun, that embossing folder is fab!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I LOVE that embossing folder! great CAS card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this folder too, only used it for oriental cards, but looks great as a Get Well card, love the addition of the twine
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete