Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Perfect Sentiments: "Furry Friendship"

It's Wednesday and that means challenge time at The Perfect Sentiment!  Here are the details for this week's challenge:
 
"Furry Friendship"
The challenge: create a card with a friendship sentiment
The twist: use an animal image on your card
 
Our sponsor this week is 2 Cute Ink.  The winner will receive 3 free digis!
 
Now, on to my inspiration!  I created a 5 1/2"x4 1/4" card.  I used brown cardstock for the card base.  I cut some pink cardstock at 5 1/4"x4" and some floral patterned cardstock, from the Kidlet Stack by DCWV, at 5"x3 3/4."  I cut a strip of light green cardstock at 5" and I punched one side of it with a Fiskars grass border punch.  I then trimmed it to about 1 3/8" in height.  I adhered it to the card with foam tape.  The sentiment is from Scrappy Moms Stamps and is stamped in rich cocoa ink by Tsukineko.
I used Give a Hoot to cut the deer.  It was cut at 3 1/2."  I used a brown polka dotted paper that I had in my stash for the deer.  I added some glossy accents to its nose and eye and some lime green Stickles to the center of the flower.
For the inside of the card I cut more of the floral cardstock at 5 1/4"x4."  I then cut more pink cardstock at 4 1/4"x3" and some white cardstock at 4"x2 3/4."  The inside sentiment is a continuation of the front sentiment, so it also came from Scrappy Moms Stamps.  It is also stamped in rich cocoa ink by Tsukineko.
 
Now that you have seen what I created for this challenge, head on over to The Perfect Sentiment to be inspired by the rest of the design team.  Just be sure to link up your card.  I can't wait to see what you create!
 
 


2 comments: