Friday, June 21, 2013

Art Deco - Creation #4

For this "Art Deco" creation I created a monogram canvas.
Love the little Mario and Luigi?  Because nothing just screams "art deco" like two Italian plumbers!  Really though, my husband is a Super Mario nut and I got those for him last Christmas. 
 
I used the stage left, center stage, and stage right monogram features for all my layers.  I also used Cricut Craft Room to help me lay it all out and create this canvas.  For the background I turned off the aspect ratio so that I could make it 10"x10," since the actual background is a rectangle.

The actual monogram is cut at 7" for all three pieces.  This is a pretty basic one, but I covered the letters with glossy accents to make them pop a little more. 
I painted the edges of the canvas black, then adhered all my layers to the canvas.  I adhered the letters with some foam tape for more dimension.

1 comment: