Thursday, June 27, 2013

Art Deco - Creation #7

This card is 5 1/2"x4 1/4."  I used a pre-made white card from DCWV for the card base.  The red mat is 5 3/8"x4 1/8" and the white mat is 5 1/8"x3 7/8."  I embossed the white mat with the clouds embossing folder by Darice.  I cut a strip of blue cardstock from Core'dinations at 3 7/8"x2."  I tore the top part of the strip to expose the lighter blue core for my water.
The ocean liner is cut from "Art Deco" at 4 1/2."  I used a stamp from Scrappy Moms Stamps for my sentiment, it is from the "Mini Messages" set.  I heat embossed it with some white embossing powder.  The ship is adhered to the card with foam tape.
I used "Life is a Beach" for the waves.  The larger strip of them is cut at 2" and the smaller strip is cut at 1 1/2."  I distressed the tops of the wave crests with some sandpaper.  I adhered the bottom parts of the strips of waves, leaving the top parts loose for even more dimension.


2 comments:

  1. I love all the projects you've made with Art Deco. I went out and bought the cartridge today so that I could replicate some of your creations! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete