Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Campin' Critters - Creation #1

So, now that I have played with the "Groovy Times" cartridge, and showed you a bunch of fun projects to make with it, I am moving on to my next cartridge to explore: "Campin' Critters."  This is such a fun cartridge with some really cute images.  If you like to camp or just be outdoors, then this is a great cartridge for you to own.  Here is the first project I have made with this cartridge:
 
I created a clock for our camper!
 
I bought a cheap clock at Walmart and then fixed it up using the "Campin' Critters cartridge and some fun cardstock.  I measured the clock face and cut two circles, one for the actual face and one for the hole for the clock hands, using the "Cricut Craft Room Basics" digital cartridge.  It was really easy to line up using the Cricut Craft Room.  I am so glad to have the program when making things like this.  I used some patterned cardstock from The Paper Studio's Great Outdoors paper stack for my background.
 
I sized everything in Cricut Craft Room to make sure it would fit on my clock face.  The car and the camper are the cuts I used from "Campin' Critters."  The car is found on page 55 and I cut it at 3."  The camper is on page 54 and I cut it at 2 1/4."  I welded the black layers together to really give the car the appearance that it was pulling the camper.  I then adhered it to the clock face.  I covered the white part of the camper with glossy accents and the lights of the card with some paprika Stickles.
 
All the numbers are from the digital cartridge "Cricut Craft Room Basics."  The 12 and 6 were cut at 1" and the rest of the numbers at 3/4."  I left off the 3 and 9 because of my image.  I also adhered the 12 and 6 with some thin foam tape for a little dimension, but not thick enough to get in the way of the hands of the clock.
 
I am entering this in the current challenge at Exploring Cricut, which is to create a project using any Cricut cartridge and at least two cuts.

3 comments:

  1. Well how cute is this? Darn cute! I love it when we can dress up ordinary items with the Cricut-great job! Thanks for joining us at Exploring Cricut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! This is fabulous Paula!! I love the bg paper and that great car and camper. Thank you so very much for joining our 'Cricut Choice' challenge at Exploring Cricut!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea Paula! Thanks for joining us at Exploring Cricut.

    ReplyDelete