Sunday, September 22, 2013

Mini Monsters - Creation #4

I used the card feature on the "Mini Monsters" cartridge for today's project.


The card is 5 1/2"x4 1/4."  I used the pumpkin on page 60 and the card feature to cut my pumpkin from a brown card stock.  The orange layer is inked around the edges with some tea dye Distress Ink by Tim Holtz.  I cut two of the stem/leaf layers.  The first one is adhered to the card and the second is popped up with foam tape, but first I wrapped the stem with some orchid twine by The Twinery.


I used stamps from the "Stampin' Around Fall" set from My Craft Spot for my sentiment and the little pumpkin in the middle of the sentiment.  The sentiment is stamped in spring pansy ink and the pumpkin is stamped in pumpkin spice ink, both by Tsukineko.  The sentiment and the doilies were cut using my Cuttlebug and metal dies from My Craft Spot ("Tiny Doilies Metal Dies").  I adhered the top half of the doily to the stem and used foam tape on the bottom half.  I then tied a double bow with more orchid twine and adhered it at the top of the doily, where it meets the twine wrapped around the stem.

I made this card for the following challenges:
Color Throwdown: baked brown sugar, orchid opulence, pistachio pudding, tangerine tango
The Friday Mashup: fall/harvest food theme
{PIN}spirational Challenges: photo inspiration (color, fall theme)


8 comments:

  1. What a fun pumpkin card Paula, this came out great!

    Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The turquoise is the perfect match for the fall theme!!
    The card turn out sooo lovely!
    Thank you for sharing it at {PIN}spirational Challenges blog.

    Anat (tshupile)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hih such a fun card! Thank you for joining us at {PIN}spirational Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how CUUUUTE! LOVE that sweet polka-dot pumpkin! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute little shaped card, and I love the tag! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shaped card in fab autumn colours. Thank you for joining us at Pinspirational Challenges. Come back next week!
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable.. I love the texture you created with the card stock. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete