Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Mini Monsters - Creation #6

With this project using "Mini Monsters" I have made another two versions of a card, this time using the same image.

I made a Halloween version with a witch hat and a birthday version with a wizard hat.

The cards are both 5 1/2"x4 1/4."  I used a shimmery black card stock for the Halloween card.  I cut a piece of purple starry paper at 5 3/8"x4 1/8."  

The border punch is from EK Success.  I used a stamp I found in my stash for the sentiment and added a couple of purple gems to the sides.  The sentiment is stamped using starlite black ink by Tsukineko.

The witch's hat is on page 68.  I cut it at 3 1/2."  It is adhered to the card with foam tape.  I also added some glossy accents to the purple star at the tip of the hat.  The spider is also from "Mini Monsters."  It is on page 74.  I cut it at 2 1/2" and trimmed off the web part so I would just have the hanging spider.

I used white card stock for the base of the birthday card.  I cut a piece of blue starry paper at 5 3/8"x4 1/8."  Both the starry printed papers are from K&Company.

The border punch is from EK Success.  The "birthday" part of the sentiment is from Fiskars and the "happy" part of the sentiment is from Lawn Fawn.  I stamped them using peacock feathers Distress Ink. 

The hat is again the cut found on page 68."  It is also cut at 3 1/2."  I just cut it using blues and whites to make it look more like a wizard's hat than a witch's hat.  I adhered it with foam tape and added glossy accents to the blue star at its tip.  I also added some of the stars that were left over from the border punch and covered them with crystal Stickles.

1 comment: