Sunday, October 06, 2013

Silhouette Sunday - Hoppy Birthday

Today's card for my Silhouette Sunday post is a pretty simple one, but I also think it turned out super cute...plus it moves!  It can't get much better than that.


The card is 6 1/4"x4 1/2" and the card base is made from white card stock.  I cut some dark brown card stock at 6"x4 1/4," then some yellow sun patterned paper at 5 7/8"x4 1/8."  I added a grass border at the bottom.  This was cut with the Silhouette Cameo.  The cut file is called "12x12 grassy page bottom" and it is by Sophie Gallo (#49184).  I sized it down to 6," adhered it to the yellow paper and trimmed it off at the ends.  The sentiment is from My Pink Stamper and stamped in rich cocoa ink by Tsukineko.  I trimmed the paper into a banner and added a piece of dark brown as a pole.  I then adhered it to the card so that it was partially covered by the grass.


The kangaroo is also from the Silhouette.  The cut file is called "kangaroo" and is by Jamie Koay (#5485).  It was cut at about 3 5/8" tall.  I used some brown polka dotted card stock from DCWV's Green Stack for the body.  I covered the nose and eyes with glossy accents, then adhered it to the card on an action wobble!

The kangaroo bounces!


1 comment: