Thursday, November 14, 2013

Elegant Edges - Creation #3

It seems like all I am making is Christmas cards lately.  I swear I will make something else one of these days, but I got this idea for a Christmas card and just had to make it.


The card is 5 1/2"x4 1/4."  I used black card stock for the base, then cut some red patterned card stock at 5 3/8"x4 1/8" for Santa's suit.

I used "Elegant Edges" to create the white ruff of Santa's suit.  I used the border feature, on shift, and the image on page 26.  I welded two of them together in Cricut Craft Room to create the ruff.  The belt is just a piece of black card stock, cut at 1 1/2"x4 1/8."  I used the image on page 25 to create the belt buckle.  The outer piece is 2" and the inner piece is 1 1/4."  I then covered it glossy accents.

The red card stock on the inside is also 5 3/8"x4 1/8."  I then used the same image as the buckle (page 25) to create my sentiment mat.  I also used the shadow feature, for the black piece.  Both pieces were cut at 3 1/4."  I used a stamp from My Craft Spot's "Tis the Season" set for my sentiment.

1 comment: