Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Elegant Edges - Creation #5

One of the girls I work with requested a Christmas card.  Her only real requirement was that it included Winnie the Pooh and Piglet.  Here is what I came up with using the "Elegant Edges" cartridge:


I used the the shape on page 29 of "Elegant Edges" to create my card base.  I opened the shadow image up in Cricut Craft Room and sized it to 4"x8."  I turned off the aspect ratio in order to be able to make it this size.  I then used the oblong frame feature for the blue layer, making sure it fit into the shadow.  I added some white pearls to the curved sides.


Winnie the Pooh and Piglet are both from the "Pooh and Friends" cartridge.  Pooh can be found on page 18, Piglet can be found on page 38, the Santa hat is on page 60, and the winter hat is on page 58.  Both the Santa hat and the winter hat are the icon feature.  I added some red flocking powder to the Santa hat.  

The sentiment is from My Craft Spot.  I trimmed the card stock I stamped it on into a banner and used a pop-dot in the middle and glue dots on the sides to create a wave in the banner.

2 comments: