Thursday, February 20, 2014

Easter Layout

There is an end cap at work that needs some inspiration.  Right now it has shelves of scrapbook storage boxes and some scrapbook albums.  The top shelf is currently empty and every time I walk by it I keep thinking that I should make something to fill that shelf.  Well, today I finally did!

I made a double layout that I will put in an extra scrapbook album and set it on the shelf to display.



Each page is 12"x12."  I used a green card stock for the base of the page, then cut some plaid paper at 11 1/2"x11 1/2" to create a fun background.  I then cut two strips of the same green card stock, at 3 1/2"x12" and some floral paper at 3 1/4"x12."  These were adhered near the top of the page.  The grass at the bottom of the page is 3 1/2"x12" and then punched with a Fiskars border punch.  The two larger photo mats are for 4"x6" photos.  The yellow layers are 4 1/8"x6 1/8" and the green layers are 4 1/4"x6 1/4."  The two smaller photo mats are for 3 1/2"x3 1/2" photos.  The yellow layers are 3 5/8"x3 5/8" and the green layers are 3 3/4"x3 3/4."

The page title was created using the "Phrases" cartridge.  It is on page 45 of the handbook, the phrase 2 feature.  I set the length to 6," so I don't remember how tall it is.  I adhered it with some foam tape.

The bunny, basket, and eggs all come from the "Create a Critter 2" cartridge.  The bunny is on page 42 and the basket and eggs are on page 40.  The basket is the accessory feature and the eggs are the icon feature.  The bunny is 4 1/2" tall, the basket is 6" tall, and the eggs were 2 1/2" tall.  I used Cricut Craft Room to hide all the contours on the eggs and just cut them plain from patterned paper.  I embossed the bottom part of the basket with my Cuttlebug and one of the Simply Charmed Companion folders.  I added glossy accents to the dark parts of the bunny and adhered it with foam tape.

The eggs here are about 3" tall for the two behind the grass and 2 1/4" tall for the smaller one in front.  They are again from "Create a Critter 2," on page 40 (icon feature).  The grass is also from "Create a Critter 2."  It is on page 42, the accessory feature.  I cut two larger ones at 2 1/2" and the smaller one at just over 2."  The smaller piece of grass and the pink egg were adhered with foam tape.

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! I have a question. I love the eggs you cut out of patterned paper. How did you get the light color around the edge?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used the shadow for it, the eggs are on page 40 of the handbook, and the icon shadow feature will give you that shadow, in my case the lighter color.

    ReplyDelete