Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Fun Flamingo

Here is today's CAS creation:


The card is 5 1/2"x4 1/4," and the fold is at the top.  I used white card stock for the base, then rounded the corners with a 1/4" corner rounder.


The flamingo is a Peachy Keen stamp, from the April 2014 Stamp of the Month kit.  I paper pieced it, then added some shading with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink by Tim Holtz.  I also colored the eye with blue and white gel pen, then covered it in glossy accents.


The puddle in which the flamingo is standing was cut with the Silhouette Cameo.  It is from the cut file "crane bird," by Sarah Bailey (#45710).  I used just the water from that cut.  I gave it some detail/shading with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink, also by Tim Holtz, then covered it in glossy accents.


The sentiment is also from the April 2014 Stamp of the Month kit by Peachy Keen.


I made this for the following challenges: 

CASology: cue word - "wet"

Die Cuttin' Divas: pastel colors

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Paula! This is super duper darling! I LOVE that sweet flamingo--and the we water is fabulous! HUGS and have a great rest of the week! :) Mynn xx

    PS: I'd love for you to stop by and join in my blog candy! Just hop over to On a Stampage for all the details! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I love your shiny, wet 'puddle'! The perfect grounding for your sweet flamingo! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology thsi week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your take on the Cue Card and your card is so cute. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paula, what a fun flamingo and a great wet puddle! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete