Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Shell-ebrate with Squirt



This card is 5"x7."  I used black card stock for the card base, then cut a white mat at 4 7/8"x6 7/8" and the patterned mat at 4 3/4"x6 3/4."



The bubble in the background is from the "Best of Pixar" cartridge.  It is cut at 4" (real dial size) and can be found on page 24 of the handbook, using the icon layer feature.  I sprayed the bubble with some sparkle shimmer mist before adhering it to the card.  The sentiment is from Paper Smooches, the "Party Posse" set.  I stamped it on white card stock, then cut it in a banner shape.  I then adhered it to some black card stock and cut that to outline the banner.




My sea turtle is Squirt from "Finding Nemo."  I used the "Best of Pixar" cartridge for him as well.  He is on page 32 of the handbook and I cut him at 3."  I covered his eyes and tongue in glossy accents, his shell in crackle accents and the flower of his shell have orange glitter on them.  I adhered him to the card with some foam tape.  I finished off the front of the card with three glittery teal brads in the upper corner.


The white mat on the inside of the card is 4 7/8"x6 7/8" and the patterned mat is 4 3/4"x6 3/4."  I then cut two more bubbles (page 24 of the "Best of Pixar" handbook) but this time just the solid part.  The black one is 4 1/2" and the white one is 4 1/4."  I then used some stamps from the "Birthday Sampler" set by Paper Smooches for the sentiment.

I made this card for the following challenges:
BBTB2: alter a Cricut cut (glossy & crackle accents, glitter, & shimmer mist)
Fantabulous Cricut: make a card for your stash (because you can never have enough birthday cards)
Scrappy Moms Stamps: animal project

Paper Smooches Sparks: anything goes

10 comments:

  1. How adorable!!! Love Squirt and all of the sparkle and shine you gave him!! Thank you so very much for joining our 'Alter a Cricut Cut' challenge at BBTB2!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just super fun and cute. Great use of the DCD sketcg

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your little sea turtle. He is really adorable! Cute sentiment, also. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So darling love your little turtle! Thanks for joining BBTB2 Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet card! I love all the layers you've used and the cute sentiment :). Thanks for joining us this week at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my... this is just too cute! I LOVE the sea turtle!

    Thanks for joining us this week at Paper Smooches Sparks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paula, this is fantastic!! I just love squirt!!

    Thank you for joining us at DCD, hope to have you join us again!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute and love the glitter touch! Thanks for joining the BBTB2 challenge!
    ~Laura
    Please follow me @ craftychickscreating.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What and adorable Card! Thanks for playing with us at scrappy moms stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My spouse and I absolutely love your blog and find the majority of your post's to be exactly what I'm looking for.
    Do you offer guest writers to write content to suit your needs?

    I wouldn't mind writing a post or elaborating on some of the subjects you write in relation to here.
    Again, awesome web log!

    Also visit my website; steaks grill

    ReplyDelete