Friday, October 03, 2014

Rustic Wedding Card

My cousin is getting married on Saturday and this is the wedding card I made for her.



The card base is 5 1/2"x4 1/4" and is made from brown card stock.  I then cut some shimmery green card stock at 5 1/4"x4" and the patterned card stock at 5"x3 3/4."  The patterned card stock is actually from their wedding invitation.  The invite was inside a pocket style envelope that was made with this card stock, I took it apart and used it as the background paper.


The hearts are from the "Wedding" Cricut cartridge.  They are both using the blackout feature, the layer is the blackout-shift feature.  They were cut at 3 1/2" from a wood patterned card stock.  I inked the edges with walnut stain Distress Ink by Tim Holtz.  I used an alphabet stamp set called Chunky Alphabet from My Craft Spot for the sentiment.  It was heat embossed with ivory colored embossing powder.  The heart with the sentiment is adhered with foam tape.



I used the same sizes for the mats on the inside of the card as on the outside.  However, instead of the patterned card stock, I used ivory.  I then stamped my sentiment using stamps from Paper Smooches.  The "congratulations" and "best wishes" sentiments are from the Simply Said set.  The "ampersand" is from the Chit Chat set.




I also used more of the envelope card stock to create a pocket for a gift card.  I also cut more hearts for the inside.  These are the same ones as on the outside, from the "Wedding" cartridge.  These ones are all the blackout-shift feature.  The one on the pocket is 1," the one with the K is 1 1/4" and the one with the G is 1 1/2."  The G and K are also from the Chunky Alphabet set by My Craft Spot, and again they are heat embossed with ivory embossing powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment