Sunday, November 30, 2014

Cowboy Penguin

Over the weekend I got a Cricut Explore and this is the first thing I have made using it.

 A cute shaped card for a birthday.



The card base is made from the map image on "Life's a Party," found on page 44 of the handbook.  I hid the cuts that make the trail and cut it twice, at 5," to create the card base.  I also used the pens to draw the word "wanted" on the scroll.  I used the "Old West" cartridge and the flourish feature for the font.  I then colored in the letters afterwards.


The penguin and cowboy hat are stamps from Peachy Keen Stamps.  The penguin and cowboy hat are from the new Faceless Cowboy Hat Snowman & Penguins.  I paper pieced the bandanna and hat band.  I then used some Distress Markers by Tim Holtz to color in the feet (spiced marmalade) and hat (vintage photo).  The face is from Happy Penguin Couples Face Assortment.  I used more Distress Markers on the eyes (tumbled glass) and beak (spiced marmalade).  I then used a white gel pen to accent the eyes.  I added some pale gold gems to the hat band.  I adhered the penguin with foam tape.


I used the Peachy Keen Holiday Sentiments set for the sentiment on the inside of the card.

I made this for the current challenge at Die Cuttin' Divas, which is shaped cards.




2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new Explore, Paula! I'm sure you'll love it. By the way, this is the cutest card EVER! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new toy!! Totally cute!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete