Thursday, January 08, 2015

Valentine

I know I have not been posting lately, but that is because I have been on vacation.  I was in Washington state for about a week visiting with my friends and their 9 month old.  It was a great time, but now I am home and settled back in.  I have spent the past couple of days sewing, working on my quilt, so I thought I would make a card today.


The card is 5 1/2"x4 1/4" and made from white card stock.  I cut a piece of white card stock at 3 7/8"x3 1/4" and then rounded the corners.  I used the December 2013 Stamp of the Month kit from Peachy Keen Stamps to create the calendar.  I added two heart shaped brads to the top corners, then adhered it to some black card stock, cut at 4"x3 3/8."  



The word "love" was cut from the "Mother's Day Coupon Book," the digital Cricut cartridge.  It was cut at 3 1/2" wide.  I then covered it with x-mas red Stickles.

The sentiment on the inside is from the Build a Valentine stamp set by My Craft Spot.

I made this for the following challenges:

Color Throwdown: color challenge

CASology: cue word - date

Love to Create: anything goes

Tuesday Throwdown: favorite embellishment (brads/bling)


8 comments:

  1. Wonderful card, and super important date! Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun card paula! Thank you so much for sharing with us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome card Paula. Love the calendar image and the sparkly die-cut word. Great design. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun- love the pop of color with the reds, and the shimmery word you cut out too. Thanks so much for joining the Favorite Embellishments challenge at Tuesday Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The red stickles was the perfect choice to add. Great Valentine's Day card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paula, what a fun reminder for a very important date to so many! Great use of the color throwdown colors, and super fun card! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun use of the calendar for Valentines!! The scripted word die is perfect!! So glad you played with us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet Valentine card design! Love your use of a calendar page! Thanks for playing along with us at Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete