Friday, February 27, 2015

Baby Name Sign

One of my friends had her third baby, this time a girl.  So, I got to make a girly name sign.  I don't usually do girly, so it was fun to do something a little different.

I have the sign hanging above one of my bookshelves, so ignore the not-so-kid friendly books such as H.P. Lovecraft or Edgar Allan Poe.


I used a float frame to make this one.  The frame is 16"x8 1/2."  I cut some patterned paper with clouds on it to 6" tall.  I had to use two pieces to make it the 14" length, but the image mostly covers the seam.  I put the paper between the two panes of glass of the float frame.  The images and name are all cut from vinyl and adhered to the outside of the front pane of glass.



The pegasus image is from "Fantasy," a digital cartridge.  It is cut at 7."  The butterflies are part of a cut from "Kate's ABCs."  The image is on page 56 of the handbook.  I hid everything but the butterflies and sized them to fit the sign.  The larger butterfly is 1.87" and the smaller one is 1.37."  The name is made from the Tiny Treasures cartridge by Creative Memories.  You get the font using the "sweet pea" feature.

1 comment:

  1. nike air jordan 5 retro sale after recording evidence, the police let the two men cheap nike air jordan 5 shoes leave. nike air jordan 5 retro sale Office, the police have air jordan 5 uk been asked over cheap and cheap purse on small sneak through, finished cheap, we head to find you. Was about nike air jordan 5 retro sale to leave the police station, suddenly a young police stopped a cheap way. cheap nike air jordan 5 retro sale puzzled director of you looking for me.

    ReplyDelete