Friday, May 08, 2015

Celebrate

Well, I finished my finals yesterday so I finally have some free time.  So, with some of that free time I made a card and coordinating envelope.


The card is 5 1/2"x4 1/4."  I used white card stock for the base and then cut a yellow patterned mat at 5 3/8"x4 1/8."



The background label was cut from "Elegant Edges" at 4 1/2."  I embossed the white layer with the Cuttlebug embossing folder, Feather Illusion by Anna Griffin.  The HB is from "Mondo Fonts."  It was cut at 2."  I covered the yellow parts of the letters with glossy accents and the orange parts of the letters with orange peel Sickles.


The sentiment is from Paper Smooches.  It is from the Salutations stamp set.  I stamped it in turquoise gem ink by Tsukineko.  I then finished off the card with some teal enamel dots.




I used a pre-made ivory envelope to create a coordinating envelope for my card.  I cut some strips of teal and orange card stock for the front.  I then used some of the circles that were cut out from the letters to add to the flap.  I also used a piece of leftover yellow patterned card stock to make a liner.


I made this for the following challenges:


Cupcake Inspirations: color combination

My Sheri Crafts: birthday card and coordinating envelope






8 comments:

  1. Great card! Thank you for sharing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations.
    -Sandy, DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh nice! Thanks for sharing at Die Cuttin' Divas this week for our sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute...thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

    Tina
    sweetie dt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a bright, happy, cheerful card, Paula! I love how the enamel dots echo the circles in the font. Cool! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your big, creative HB letters with dots and that fabby coordinating envelope -- thanks so much for sharing with us @ My Sheri Crafts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I just love that embossing and monogram! The stripes on the envelope are brilliant! Thanks for joining us at My Sheri Crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh... I love the look of your card and matching envelope. So elegant with vibrant colors too

    Thanks for sharing with My Sheri Crafts

    ReplyDelete