Tuesday, July 07, 2015

Tree

My husband needed a sympathy card for a co-worker.  Since he is really not much help in deciding what he would like, I used the current challenge at BBTB2, which is summer trees, to inspire me to create something for him.



The card is 5 1/2"x4 1/4" and made of dark brown card stock.  I cut an olive green mat at 5 3/8"x4 1/8" and a brown polka dot mat at 5 1/4"x4."  The polka dot mat is embossed with the Cuttlebug embossing folder Birds and Swirls.


The tree is from the "ZooBalloo" cartridge.  The tree is actually just an outline, so I cut it three times, each time hiding contours to get the color to show through where I wanted.


The banner and sentiment are both from My Craft Spot.

9 comments:

  1. Very pretty for a sad occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a very nice sympathy card. thank you for letting us know which cartridge and how you did the tree. very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad BBTB2 could provide inspiration for your sympathy card. A tree of life makes a great card.

    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful Paula!! Thank you so very much for joining our 'Summer Tree Challenge' at BBTB2!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paula, what a fabulous sympathy card. I love the background paper and this tree cut is definitely a favorite of mine. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paula, what a fabulous sympathy card. I love the background paper and this tree cut is definitely a favorite of mine. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful sympathy card Paula! Sorry your husband has need for one one. I love the papers and color combo you used on this one and I love how you did your tree. I can't believe that it is the one from the Zoobaloo cart, you have made it look so classy! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paula this is such a nice sympathy card. I love the cuts and colors you used - it is a perfect. Thanks for joining us in the tree challenge at BBTB2.
    xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sympathy cards are so hard to make.
    Yours is very nice.

    ReplyDelete