Thursday, August 20, 2015

Bookworm

The card I made today features a cute little bookworm:


The card base was made with a cut file from SVG Cutting Files.  It is called Trapezoid Card Base.  I cut two of the layers, one larger than the other to create two mats.

The bookworm is from My Scrap Chick.  I got it as part of a file called Bugs & Things, but you can now purchase it individually as a file called Bookworm.  I inked up the edges of his nose with peeled paint Distress Ink and the edges of his body with crushed olive Distress Ink.  I did not cut his eyes, instead I used stamps from a Peachy Keen face.  The eyes are from one of the largest face stamp of the Cornies Assortment.  I used foam tape to adhere the top part of the book to the worm.

The stack of books is also from SVG Cutting Files.  It is part of a cut file called Pebbles the Cat.  I used foam tape to adhere the whole piece, worm and books, to the card.

The sentiment is from Scrappy Moms Stamps, the Catch the Reading Bug set.  Once the sentiment was stamped I used my Cuttlebug and the Seeing Spots folder to emboss the white mat.


1 comment: