Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Cool Penguin

I start school next week, so I am trying to get in all the crafting I can this week.  Here is a card I made today:

The card is 5 1/2"x4 1/4" and I used white card stock for the base.  I cut some black card stock at 5 1/4"x4."  The teal polka dot mat is 5"x3 3/4."  The next black mat is 4 3/4"x3 1/2."  The grey snow mat is 4 5/8"x3 3/8."  I then put a strip of white card stock at the bottom to look like a field of snow.  It was cut at 1 1/2"x3 3/8."

The penguin is an svg from Treasure Box Designs.  It is called Tiny Treasures Penguin, I cut it so that it is about 4" when assembled.  I used foam tape to adhere the feet, beak, and head.  I also inked the edges of the beak and feet with spiced marmalade Distress Ink.

I used a face from Peachy Keen Stamps instead of the eyes that come with the cut.  I only used the eyes from one of the faces on the Sweet on You set.  I then added a little color to the eyes and also added a little blush to the cheeks.

The sentiment is from Jaded Blossom.  It actually comes from the Ice Cream Kit set.

No comments:

Post a Comment